by Master of Cabestany 12th century. Marble. 86 x 20.6 cm.
Probably comes from the doorway of the church in the Sant Pere de Rodes monastery, was used for a long time to support the cross at Llançà cemetary. It features three capitals and other decorative ornaments from the monastery, which was abandoned in 1798 and plundered progressively from 1835. The delicate sculptural work combines undulating borders with floral motifs and animals (lions and birds).
Museu de l’Empordà: http://visitmuseum.gencat.cat/en/museu-de-l-emporda/
3D experimental unrolled process by Scott Mcavoy UC San Diego (ucsd.edu/) using Blender.